Banner Saga isn’t just a gorgeous game inspired by classic animation, it also has great female characters. From the strong and independent Oddlief (pictured above) to the Kind hearted Allette, or the intimidating, sometimes terrifying, Yrsa.
Not only that, but all of them have practical clothing one would expect from a person who lived in the frozen wilderness.
More examples here: http://stoicstudio.com/characters/
She looks absolutely stunning!
Repair her armor posted my Banner Saga submission. :)
That post of snow gifs from Frozen really blew up and in my activity page I’ve seen it reblogged with a lot of opinions on the film like how two characters looking alike is bad even if they’re sisters or how the indigenous people of Norway should be black.
Many also seem to have written off the…
As an animator myself I see the hand *pop* as deliberate. Popping a drawing into a pose is a great way of emphasizing the motion and pose you are moving into. I’m sure you can find thousands of examples in any Disney film 3d or 2d that do the exact same thing.
I should also note, especially when going through 1930’s/1940’s Looney Tunes, that a lot of animation looks odd or even unnatural when slowed down or stepped through. Animation isn’t the recording of reality but rather creating the illusion of life, and many animators will ‘cheat’ or rather push their drawings to better serve the animations. Breaking elbows, stretch frames, popping drawings, are just some of the many tools that an animator will use at the detriment of any individual drawing to strengthen their animation as a whole.
Saw this on a friends blog and decided to give it a go myself. :)
- Name: Patrick
- Birthday: July 1st
- Height: 6’1”
- Eye color: Hazel
- Hair color: Dark brown hair, black facial hair.
- A random fact about you: I own 1 pair of pants and 7 kilts.
- Favorite band: Wintersun
- Favorite song: Mason’s Apron
- Favorite food: Breakfast, Bacon and eggs. Lunch, sauteed cod with a black bean vinaigrette. Dinner, smoked lamb chili. Desert, sticky toffee pudding.
- Favorite season: Fall definitely. Cider mills and deep blue skies make me feel at one with the universe.
- Favorite animal: Large dogs with lots of fluff.
- Favorite movie: Pixar’s “The Incredibles”
- Anything you need to work on?:
- Are you friends with your ex?: Nnnnnnope
- Do you prefer someone shorter or taller?: Either is good, though I seem to attract shorter gals.
- Dark hair or light hair?: I’m a sucker for redheads.
- Smart or attractive?: Smart, but most of all creativity and drive. Nothing makes me swoon more than a gal with high aspirations and the determination to reach those goals.
- Is creativity attractive?: As I stated above, definitely.
- Do you care how much money they have?: Not so much, it matters more when you’re living with someone. Independence is important to me.
- Your last text: “I’m figuring it out”
- Last one i received: “Ok Sweetie”
- The last thing you ate: Bean and Chicken burrito, mmmm.
- The last thing you drank: Soda, though I shouldn’t.
- The last song you listened to: Finntroll’s “Solsagan”
- The last book you read: Drawn to Life
- The last movie you watched: Disney’s “Frozen”
- Do you play any instruments?: I play a Bodhran
- What are you pets’ names?: Cu Sith
- A random childhood memory: Going out to an A&W rootbeer stand and getting a rootbeer float and a hotdog with my dad.
- Your favorite color to wear: I wear black most often, but I look good in browns and greens.